Thursday, December 2, 2010

December



This year has had me in such a state of flux.  I've been up, so very up, with the birth of my second son.  He is the light in my days right now.  And I have been so very, very low - probably from lack of sleep?  There has been so much tension and stress building around here, (or maybe its just me?) compounded by the fact that my mom has been undergoing cancer treatments on the other side of the country.  I really wanted to be there for her during all of this and it just wasn't possible.

Ah, December.

Now that it is the final month of the year I can see a proverbial light at the end of the tunnel.  My mom is finishing treatments next week and will be arriving here in about ten days from now.  Bring on the holidays!  I'm so ready for celebrating - so ready for baking cookies, decorating the tree and the house.  I am looking forward to overloading on Christmas carols, cheesy Christmas movies and eating way too many holiday treats.  I am ready for all the stress and bad times from this year to just go away and I'm ready to spend time with my family and have a perfectly "un-perfect" Christmas!

No comments: