Monday, August 9, 2010

august break - day nine

I'm really missing the cottage already and we've only been home a few days.  We'd love to go back soon, but we live about 5,000 miles away...  unfortunately we only make it to the cottage once a year at best.  That leaves the rest of the year for going over photos and dreaming of the next visit!

One of the things I love to do at the cottage is putter around in the boat with the family and look at all the lovely boat houses (old and new).  I could literally hang out on the boat all day if given the chance.  Here are a few photos from the trip:

original boat house - Indian River, Muskoka (love the colour)

newer style boat house, Muskoka

love the unusual shape of this one - Lake Rosseau, Muskoka

For cottage design/decorating I love, love, love Sarah Richardson!  Check out Sarah's Cottage portfolio - so beautiful and dreamy!  I believe her cottage is on Georgian Bay not too far from our family's cottage which is in Port Carling, Ontario.

1 comment:

Micheline said...

You are one lucky lady! The Muskokas are one of my favourite places on earth.

p.s. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's always nice to see new faces. Are you loving the August break? I know I am. It was exactly what I needed.