Thursday, October 21, 2010

October pleasures

As I mentioned before, I love October.  There are so many wonderful things to experience this month.  Here are a few more I'd love to do before the month is through:
- eat sausage and sauerkraut soup (the pot is on the stove right now!) in honour of Oktoberfest
- drink a nice cold beer
- carve a pumpkin
- toast pumpkin seeds
- put together Halloween gift bags for the trick-or-treaters
- dress up the kiddies for Halloween night
- make a big pot of mulled apple cider (one of our Halloween traditions)
- take the kiddies trick or treating
- pull out all my scarves
- buy some mittens for the boys
- treat myself to a new warm autumn/winter sweater
- (maybe) go ride the Halloween ghost train at the railway heritage park

What are your favourite October/autumn pleasures?

No comments: